DL06 - Patch Notes (v1.2)
Rusty Blade Version 1.2 is here, and with it a number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
:: PATCH NOTES ::
- Fixed a bug where the player could interact with some objects while the menu is open.
- Removed interaction arrow from the dog bone when it is no longer interactable.
- Added instance_exists() checks to two game objects to correct a bug that could cause the game to crash.
- Greatly improved parallax scrolling:
- Sky layer tracks properly and no longer appears too close.
- Moon layer tracks better and moves more smoothly.
- Tree layer no longer pops out of the ground when walking upstairs.
- Added an impact sound effect when throwing the bone against the side of the house.
- Fixed a bug where the bone could be dropped at the edge of the porch and get stuck.
- Tweaked the dog AI / fetch interactions for better responsiveness and to eliminate some bugs.
- Added some logic to prevent multiple simultaneous player actions from occasionally triggering on the same key press (e.g. throwing the bone and sipping coffee).
- Corrected a text alignment issue in the SFX credits screen
:: PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS ::
- Disabled redrawing the application surface when increasing / decreasing the game window size.
- The application surface is now fixed at native 480 x 270. Increasing / decreasing screen size with Numpad +/- scales the view 1-4x but does not redraw the application surface.
- Since the game does not zoom dynamically and each zoom level is a fixed multiple of the native resolution, redrawing the application surface is not necessary. Disabling this gives a performance improvement with no impact on visuals.
- Removed the debug object from the main game room (not used in the released game) for a minor performance upgrade.
- The game is now natively compiled for Windows using the YoYo Compiler, resulting in a significant performance boost (+200-400 fps).
Get Rusty Blade
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.